Monday 27 December 2021

The Last Chance Library by Freya Sampson

 

 

A book about a library was always going to be a winner.  This one more than most.  The assistant librarian June is the daughter of the long standing librarian – she has passed away from cancer and caring for her and grieving for her has derailed June's life.

 

Then the dastardly Council starts a process for considering whether to close the library to save money.  And it's all on from there.

 

I enjoyed the characters (most of whom were quirky) and even found myself having a little sob at the end.

 

Thanks to Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews for letting me know about this book – click here for her post about it.

 

The author is a TV producer and this is her first novel.  Hoping for many more.  There is already one called The Lost Ticket – but my library hasn't got it yet.

3 comments:

  1. Your review of this book sounds good, I need something light to finish out the year, and my library has an ebook available so I downloaded it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm always a sucker for a book about libraries or librarians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a book I'd like. I just saw your review of the Lost Ticket and would like that one as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers