Wednesday 29 December 2021

Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor

  


Ok, I wasn't sure whether to post about this popular science book.  I am not a scientist and have no idea how robust the research is.  But if you are interested in sleeping better, breathing better, this will give you some clues.

 

So I'm recommending this one, not for the quality of its writing but purely on content.

 

The author sets out his detailed reasons for recommending the following:

 

Don't breathe through your mouth – keep your mouth shut

Breathe through your nose

Exhale longer

Eat food you have to chew

Hold your breath sometimes

Try inhaling for 5.5 seconds and then exhaling for the same length of time

 

As a night mouth breather I need to try to use my nose more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers