Monday 8 November 2021

Sugar, Sugar by The Archies

 


 

Sugar
Ah, honey, honey
You are my candy girl
And you got me wanting you

 

Honey
Ah, sugar, sugar
You are my candy girl
And you got me wanting you

 

This bouncy little song was originally released by the cartoon band.  It has also been covered by Bob Marley, Ike and Tina Turner, Tom Jones and Wilson Pickett.  It dates to 1969.

You can see the original video in this YouTube clip.

Apologies if you keep hearing this in your head all day!

3 comments:

  1. I loved that song. You always post the nicest ones that remind me of my youth and now I have it in my mind the whole day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, now it’s in my head!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers