Saturday 9 October 2021

Hobbiton

 
 


Ok, first an admission.  I haven't been to Hobbiton.  But I do know that many Lord of the Rings and Hobbit fans have made the trek to Matamata which is where the hobbit homes were filmed.

 


It has now been turned into a visitor attraction – I imagine it is not very busy given we are not having international visitors for the forseeable future.  It is about a 2 hour drive south from central Auckland.

 


So, well done Peter Jackson for choosing such iconic landscape.

2 comments:

  1. This post reminded me of something Benjamin said to me a long time ago.....as in the spring of 2005. He siad, "Mom, it isn't fair for you to marry Louis Dean unless he's seen you without your make up!" He had and he did marry me - anyway! Back in my divorced days, Benjamin and I watched The Lord of the Rings and later he told me I looked just like Gollum without my make up.....and he was not wrong......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just looks beautiful. I'm not a Tolkien fan but if we ever made it to the Southern Hemisphere, I'd definitely go and see it, hubby is a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers