Monday 2 August 2021

I Will Always Love You written by Dolly Parton

  


If I should stay
Well I would only be in your way
And so I'll go, and yet I know
I'll think of you each step of the way

And I will always love you
I will always love you

Bitter-sweet memories
That's all I'm taking with me
Good-bye, please don't cry
'Cause we both know that I'm not
What you need

But I will always love you
I will always love you

 

Boy, when Whitney Houston chose to sing this song, was she onto a winner!  Dolly has been quoted as saying that her house was built by Whitney.

 

Dolly released the song herself in 1973 – done country style.  Whitney's recording was done a lot later – 1992 – for the movie The Bodyguard.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers