Thursday 26 August 2021

All The Lonely People by Mike Gayle

 
 


I read All The Lonely People based on a review by Carole's Random Life .  I'm so glad I did.

 

I agree with Carole that if you loved A Man Called Ove, you'll like this one.

 

Hubert Bird is an elderly man who tries to live his life without causing his family any worry.  The more you get into the story the more you will empathise with him.  One thing that I found a bit off putting was Hubert's habit of referring to himself as 'me'.  I'm assuming this is a Jamaican thing but it took some getting used to.

 

By the end of the book, I understood the title – a Paul McCartney reference from Eleanor Rigby?

 

Have a box of tissues to hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers