Sunday 11 July 2021

Potato & Bacon Frittata

 


 

I decide to post about this Potato & Bacon Frittata after I cooked it – so the ingredients etc are from memory – not completely reliable.

 

Ingredients:

 

Leftover cooked potatoes – sliced

Bacon pieces

Rice wine vinegar

Chicken stock

Cream (I used tinned reduced)

4 eggs

Pinch of cayenne pepper

Grated nutmeg and paprika

 

Method:

 

Fry off the bacon.  Tip it and the fat into your dish and use this as the grease.

 

Deglaze the pan with a little splash of rice wine vinegar.

 

Add the sliced potatoes and mix up with the bacon.

 

Combine the stock, cream and eggs and then pour over the top.

 

Grate a little nutmeg and sprinkle a little paprika on top.

 

Bake in a low oven for 1 ¼ hours.

 

On tasting it I discovered that the bacon wasn't that salty so I should have added some salt (or more bacon?)

3 comments:

  1. A great way use up leftover potatoes. And potatoes and bacon are a classic combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a huge hit at the holidays in my family (and a good way to do a little food prep ahead of time!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a great brunch idea. We love anything with potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers