Wednesday 21 July 2021

Katherine Parr The Sixth Wife by Alison Weir

 


I haven't read all 6 books but thanks to Tracey of Carpe Librum, I got the last one from the library.  You can see her review here.

 

I really enjoyed this accessible take on Henry the Eighth's last wife.  I found out a lot about her I didn't know.  For some reason I had always thought she was an older woman.  But she was only 35 when she married Henry.  And after she died she remarried (for a fourth time!) and died as a result of child birth.

 

I was left wondering what happened to her little daughter, Mary Seymour.  Sadly Wikipedia says that she probably didn't live longer than 2 years.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Mary Seymour, an orphan at only 2. I am sure I would like this book, Katherine Parr is the wife I most relate to. She did not want to marry the king, but when Henry VIII asks, how can a girl say no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the first four books of this series by Alison Weir and just bought the fifth one. It's a great series if you like to read about kings and queens, especially the Tudors.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers