Tuesday 13 July 2021

Cumin Mushrooms

 


Ingredients:

 

Small button mushrooms (not the bigger ones I used)

2 teaspoons of ground cumin

Salt & pepper

Oil

 

Method:

 

I had the oven on cooking some cauliflower cheese so I decided to cook the mushrooms in it as well.  The recipe I saw suggested frying in a pan.

 

I de-stemmed each mushroom.  I put some oil into a baking dish and laid the mushrooms on it cut side down.  I sprinkled them with salt and pepper and with half of the cumin.  A drizzle of oil and then into the oven.

 

After about an hour I turned them over and put the rest of the cumin on.  In fact I was light on the cumin because it is a very strong spice but next time I'll be braver.

 

We ate them with dinner and they were only just ok.  What you are supposed to do is let them cool to room temperature and serve them on toothpicks as a cocktail plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers