Friday 18 June 2021

The Bridge to Terabitha by Katherine Paterson

 
 


I was gripped by the writing style of this book aimed at tweens.  And then it got even better.  The relationship between Jess and Leslie is developed skillfully.

 

I don't usually do spoilers – but I think it is important to warn you that a child dies in this book – it is necessary to the story but I wouldn't give this one to a very sensitive child to read.  It might help other children dealing with grief.

 

The book was published in 1977.  The title sounds boring but the story certainly is not.

1 comment:

  1. They could've given a better title, but I'm glad you enjoyed it :) It sounds pretty good and a little intense.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers