Wednesday 2 June 2021

Books You Loved: June Edition!

 


 

Books You Loved: May Edition provided reviews of lots of great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few that caught my eye:

Katie of Doing Dewey posted about The Codebreaker by Walter Isaacson.  She said 'this was a fantastic read for me. I loved this insider perspective on what I think will be one of the biggest science stories of the century. However, I think the thoughtful, personable approach the author took here make this book a must-read for anyone who enjoys biographies or science nonfiction.'

Just My Luck by Adele Parks was reviewed by Book Reviews by Linda Moore.  She said 'A lot happens to Lexi and her family after they win the lottery. ..I gave it 5/5 stars. I was going to go with 4/5 but when all was revealed I had to go with that extra star. It was in my humble opinion brilliantly done. I do highly recommend this one.'

Mrs Pettigrew Lives For a Day by Winifred Watson was brought over by The Reading Life.  The review said '[this] is a delightful story of an amazing day in the Life of a quite ordinary seeming woman that ends   in a that manner you cannot help but love.   Guinevere Pettigrew, 40, childless, never married or been even kissed has just lost her job as a governess.  ... She finds an opening at an agency by accident and goes to apply.  This leads to the most exciting day of her life.  The story is set over one day in 1938.'

Finally, Melissa reviewed The Last Flight by Julie Clark.  She said 'This novel was really interesting and well written throughout. …Just trust me when I say that you need to read it!' I've read this now and totally agree – you need to read it!

 

Now on to June! There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box. Mr Linky now also makes you tick a box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. 

 

 

15 comments:

  1. Hey Carole! 👋 This month I have linked in to my reviews for the Edwardian classic, A Room With a View by E.M. Forster; the horror collection, The Birds & Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier; and the fascinating history, The Story of the British Isles in 100 Places by Neil Oliver.

    Happy reading in June everyone! 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great month of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tx for the email, didn't read as many this month but will be catching up, spouse is back to work, woohooo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout-out. I just posted my latest reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the Detective Gaby Darin series set in Wales so I am on book 4 now. I love a series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choices...Happy June Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the post about THE PHOTOGRAPHER.

    It was not a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely loved Mrs England by Stacey Halls, it's a slow burn gothic historical fiction set in the Edwardian era in West Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished News of the World and loved it. I will look for more by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read "The Book Thief" ages ago and really like it, hadn't really noticed that the author had written more books. This was just as brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just reviewed Katharine Parr - the Sixth Wife by Alison Weir, the last in the Six Tudor Queens series and it was another 5 star read! This is a record, every book I read in the series was 5 stars!! Now I just need to go back and read the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to that one. I'm up to Anna right now, will have to get the two last C/Katherines. Such a great series.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Marianne, it's great to find another fan of the series. You have a lot of enjoyment still ahead of you :-)

      Delete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers