Monday 7 June 2021

Ain't It a Shame – Fats Domino

  


You made me cry
when you said, "goodbye"

Ain't that a shame?
my tears fell like rain.
Ain't that a shame?
you're the one to blame.

You broke my heart
when you said we'll part

Ain't that a shame?
my tears fell like rain.
Ain't that a shame?
you're the one to blame

 

This song was put out in a very good year – 1955! 

 

Fats Domino was born in Louisiana in 1928 and left us in 2017. He was one of 8 children and went on to have 8 himself.  All their names started with A.  A fellow performer called him Fats after 2 renowned pianists but also because of his large appetite.

 

He co-wrote this song with Dave Bartholomew.

 

PS the original title is as is in the heading despite the words in the chorus being a little different.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers