Monday 3 May 2021

I Got You Babe – Sonny and Cher

 


 

They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
[Him:]
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you

[Him:]
Babe
[Both:]
I got you babe I got you babe

[Her:]
They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
[Him:]
I guess that's so, we don't have a plot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got

 

So despite the marriage between Sonny and Cher being fraught, this hit was a real winner. Sonny wrote it and it was released in 1965.  Originally Cher wasn't impressed by the song – but she was wrong.

 

One drawback is the way the song was used in the movie, Groundhog day.

 

Sonny went into politics and was sadly killed in a skiing accident in 1998.  And we know how successful Cher was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers