Tuesday 30 March 2021

Tomato & Egg Salad

 


 

This is about as simple as a salad can get.  Mine was a bit rustic – I'm sure you could do better.

 

Ingredients:

 

Tomatoes

Hard boiled eggs

Parsley

Vinaigrette – lemon juice, oil, salt & pepper

 

Method:

 

Choose a nice plate.

The idea is to layer up your tomato and egg slices starting with the tomato until you end with a small egg round in the middle.

 

You need to skin your tomatoes – I just put mine into boiling water for about 20 seconds – I cut a little cross at the top of the tomato first.

 

My slices weren't very refined – I tried to get them thin by using a serrated bread knife.

 

Once you have your layers just sprinkle chopped parsley over and drizzle a vinaigrette dressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers