Thursday 11 March 2021

Glassworks Whanganui

 
 

Christine Cathie

Today I'm letting you know about the national centre for glass art which you'd find in Whanganui.  It used to be called Wanganui when I was a girl but why it changed is a long story.

 

Hamish Webster

Glassworks is open every day (except Christmas Day, ANZAC Day (pm) and Good Friday).  It is a business unit of the Whanganui District Council.  It was set up in 2017.

 

Jan Kocian

I have picked a few examples of glass art on exhibition to show you.

 

There is also an online shop – the items looked a bit pricey to me.  Strangely enough the site doesn't seem to support overseas shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers