Sunday 20 December 2020

Pavlova – the cheat's way

 


 

Here is another festive food that can't with honesty be described as a recipe.

 

Ingredients:

 

Store bought pavlova

Cream

Icing sugar

Vanilla essence

Strawberries

Blueberries

 

Method:

 

Whip your cream (plus vanilla and sugar) to softly mounding. Slather it on top of your pavlova.

 

Add your slices, chunks of berries – and that's it.

 

The pavlova was crunchy on the outside and soft and marshmallowy in the middle.  Very sweet but then it's a treat.

9 comments:

  1. Looks delish. Where could I buy a store bought pavlova? I have not looked for one before, maybe bakeries sell them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have them in supermarkets and food stores here - but pavlova is very Kiwi... Good luck

      Delete
  2. I have never seen a pavlova sold at a bakery here in the US. I'd like to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For your U.S. readers, if they have a grocery store called Gelsons (might just be an L.A. chain...not sure...) they have mini meringues, which are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That works for me. It's a beautiful presentation too. I'd get lots of compliments if I showed up anywhere bringing this dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant inspiration! Thanks to you, made this for Christmas Dinner's Dessert : ) I made the meringue shells from scratch (in the US) - but used "spray" whipped creme; ) Raspberries, & strawberries. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers