Tuesday 3 November 2020

Pork Ribs

 
 


I was flipping through From Scratch by Michael Ruhlman when I stumbled on his foolproof way to cook pork spare ribs.  Serependity being in operation, I had some to cook that very night.  I can report that the outcome was delumptious (Roald Dahl reference).  The only downside was the 5 hours in the oven which is a long time and also attracted hordes of flies which had to be dealt to. (excuse the grammar)

 

How to do it his way:

 

Salt and pepper the ribs – aggressively.

Sprinkle them with a little water.

Wrap tightly in foil.

Roast in a low oven (c 135C 275F) for 5 hours

 

Then slather the ribs with your choice of sauce and flash fry in a very hot pan for 2-3 minutes to produce crispiness and char.

 

I made my own sauce which was also delumptious.

 

Warm a mixture of cranberry jelly, spicy mango chutney, spicy plum chutney, chilli paste, tomato paste and cherry brandy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not crazy about ribs, but this looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers