Tuesday 24 November 2020

Flash Fried Snapper

 
 


This fish was very fresh so was always going to be a treat – you can't really get it wrong (so long as you don't overcook it).  But the sauce, which tasted ok split so its texture was not right.

 

Ingredients:

Fresh snapper fillet

Butter and oil

Crème fraiche

Lemon juice

Capers

Small leaf basil

Salt

 

Method:

I made the sauce in a separate pot – but I think I would have been better to do the fish first, set it aside in foil and then make the sauce in the same pan.

 

Fry the fish in a generous amount of butter, spending about 2 minutes on one side and only turning over to the other for about 30 seconds.  This means that the presentation side will have a little colour and the fish won't be overcooked.

 

The sauce is just made by whisking the other ingredients together and heating gently.  It split when I tipped the butter from the fish pan into it.

 

What sauces do you prefer with white fish?

4 comments:

  1. Your sauce sounds delicious. No fish for me.. but I still like looking at the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sauce does look great. Bummer on the splitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fish, but we don't cook it that often, because I don't like the odor of it afterwards throughout the house! I don't make cream sauces much, because they always give me trouble, so I cook fish in a parchment-paper or tin foil packet, usually Mediterranean-style. But a few times I think I've just put sour cream on white fish and sprinkled it with fresh dill and baked it. That was easy and good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That still looks delicious though!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers