Sunday 18 October 2020

White Sauce with Prawns & Veges (for tuna)

 
 


So I decided to make a substantial sauce to go with tuna.  I even made a roux – but not a classic sauce.

 

Ingredients:

 

Frozen cooked prawns, thawed and chopped

½ courgette, chopped (zucchini)

¼ capsicum, chopped (bell pepper)

Couple of slices of red onion

Parsley

Capers

2 cherry tomatoes

1 spring onion (scallion)

1tbsp butter

1 tbsp flour

Sour cream

Salt, pepper

Hot sauce

Chilli flakes

 

Method:

 

Saute the onion, courgette and capsicum in a little oil.

 

In another saucepan, melt the butter and then whisk in the flour.  This is what creates the roux.  You then add your sour cream (or milk or cream) and keep on whisking so that there are no lumps.  I added a bit of water as well until the sauce was the thickness I wanted.

 

I then added it to the other pan along with the prawns and other vegetables.  Sauce done.

3 comments:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers