Sunday 20 September 2020

Lamb Shoulder Chops with Lemon & Basil

 

 

So this dish is a little less rustic than my usual.  I hope you like it.

 

Ingredients:

Lamb shoulder chops

Oil for frying

 

For Marinade:

Garlic oil

Basil

Lemon juice

Salt/Celery salt

Pepper

 

For sauce:

As per marinade plus some cream (and some sugar or maple syrup if it's too lemony for your taste)

Method:

Put the marinade ingredients into a plastic bag and mix them around.  Add the lamb and then massage the marinade into the lamb – leaving it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

Heat your oven to low/moderate.  Heat your frying pan to screaming hot and then sear the chops for a couple of minutes on each side – doing one or two at a time so the pan stays hot.

Transfer to your oven dish, cover with foil and finish in the oven.  If you like your lamb a little pink this won't take long.

Deglaze your pan with lemon juice, add cream and the remains of the marinade (I had to add more ingredients – it might have been better to marinate in a bowl).

I tasted the sauce which had a nice consistency but was mouth puckeringly sour – and I like sour – so in went a splosh of maple syrup.  It was still lemony but less overpowering.

3 comments:

  1. We love lamb, so I'm always looking for new ways to cook it. I'll watch the amount of lemon juice I use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy a nice lamb chop! Unfortunately my husband isn't as keen so we don't have them very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a lamb fan, but my husband loves it, so we have it every now and then! Sounds like a this could be a new flavor combo for lamb for him to try next time.
    My Weekend Cooking post is at: http://baystatera.com/book-review-umami-by-laia-jufresa-weekendcooking/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers