Monday 28 September 2020

Killing Me Softly with His Song by Roberta Flack

 



Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his song

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him to listen for a while
And there he was this young boy, a stranger to my eyes


I must be a bit of a softy because I remember Killing Me Softly with His Song with nostalgia.

Roberta Flack was born in 1937 in North Carolina.  Her middle name was Cleopatra!  She hasn't been all that well the last few years – so I'm sure we all wish her the best.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers