Tuesday 22 September 2020

Cauliflower soup with a touch of curry


Carole's Chatter: Cauliflower soup with a touch of curry


Today I am showing you a little soup I made – a lightly curried cauliflower soup.  It was light and delicate and made for a good lunch.

I was inspired to make it by having about ¼ of a lightly cooked cauliflower left over.  I had used the rest in a salad.

I sautéed a few slices of onion (finely sliced) in a mix of oil and butter and seasoned with ½ a teaspoon of crushed garlic, ½ teaspoon of curry powder, a tiny bit of ground ginger, salt and white pepper.  I didn't use very much salt at all because I was going to add some parmesan cheese at the end and that is quite salty.

I added the cooked cauliflower and when it was boiling pureed it with a stick blender and added a small amount of water to get a nice consistency for the soup.


I served it with a dollop of sour cream, some shaved parmesan on top as well as some chopped parsley.  Easy but sophisticated enough that you could serve it as a first course for a dinner party.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good Carole- I love the ginger and garlic, but not sure about the curry..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers