Monday 3 August 2020

Winchester Cathedral




Winchester Cathedral
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
My baby left town

You could have done something
But you didn't try
You didn't do nothing
You let her walk by

Now everyone knows just how much I needed that gal
She wouldn't have gone far away
If only you'd started ringing your bell

Winchester Cathedral
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
My baby left town

All I remembered about the song Winchester Cathedral was a bit of the tune.  For some reason I thought it was a Beatles number.  But no, it was done by The New Vaudville Band (never heard of them).  It was released late in 66.

3 comments:

  1. It does have a Beatles feel for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another oldie but goodie... As soon as I saw the title I started to whistle the tune.
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers