Sunday 2 August 2020

Broccoli Soup (with a little carrot)


Carole's Chatter: Broccoli Soup (with a little carrot)


I'm sorry if it's too hot for soup where you are – but it's just right here.

Ingredients:

Oil/Garlic oil
½ onion, roughly chopped
Stick celery, roughly chopped
Turmeric
Cayenne Pepper
Salt & pepper
Head of broccoli
1 med carrot
Cream
Chicken stock (or veg)
Lemon zest and juice (1 small lemon)
Ginger – teaspoon or so grated

Method:

Saute the onion and celery in the oil.  Add turmeric and cayenne pepper to taste.  Season with salt and pepper.

While the onion is softening, steam the broccoli stem in the microwave for 3 minutes or so and then add the florets and give it another 3 minutes or so.  Set aside and use the steamer to cook the carrot – roughly cut.

When the onions/celery is soft add the grated ginger, lemon zest and lemon juice.  Then add  the broccoli and carrot as well as the cream and chicken stock.  Whizz it all up with a stick blender.

Apart from the cream this is pretty healthy and tastes great.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious...I think I may just steal this recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good to me, and would be perfect for us right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never too hot for soup in my kitchen. It's going to be hot again but I love soup for lunch. Nice bowl of delicious soup, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could work as a chilled soup, maybe! I love the idea of adding a little carrot to broccoli soup. My Weekend Cooking post is at http://baystatera.com/the-color-of-air-weekend-cooking/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers