Tuesday 28 July 2020

Japanese style potato salad


Carole's Chatter; Japanese style potato salad


The Japanese do have a particular way of doing potato salad.  Mine uses the flavours but not the techniques.  A Japanese potato salad is based on mashed potato – which I just couldn't get my head around.

So I cooked up some potatoes (waxy ones) until they were tender and then drained them thoroughly.

While the potatoes were cooking I finely julienned half a carrot.  I cut up half a zucchini very finely as well.  The Japanese would use cucumber.

The dressing is made up of lots of Kewpie mayonnaise – a lovely mayonnaise I now prefer.  Add a tablespoon of rice vinegar, a spoonful of sugar, salt and pepper and I also used a touch of wasabi paste (which the Japanese would not)

The salad benefits from being left to rest for a while.  I enjoyed the results.  Creamy but not too cloying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers