Monday 4 May 2020

Summer Breeze – Jasmine in my mind




Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind


Sweet days of summer, the jasmine’s in bloom
July is dressed up and playing her tune
And I come home from a hard day’s work
And you’re waiting there, not a care in the world
See the smile a-waitin’ in the kitchen, food cookin’ and the plates for two
Feel the arms that reach out to hold me, in the evening when the day is through


Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind


The lyrics of Summer Breeze by Seals & Croft are so memorable. After a bit of research I  found that the song is not about summer as such but is about coming home to familiar things and feeling secure.  Pretty applicable in today's challenging world.

The song also has a mondegreen (misheard lyrics) – people heard blowing through the jasmine in my mind as 'building sandcastles in the sand' – go figure.

Seals & Crofts hail from Texas.  Summer Breeze was their first hit – on their 4th album.

Here is a YouTube clip of the Seals & Croft version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAgQv8OXU-g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers