Wednesday 8 April 2020

The boy, the mole, the fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy



At first glance I wasn't sure what to make of this book.  It arrived as a birthday gift from my sister.  My better half looked at the cover and asked whether it was a kids' book.  He knows I've been posting about them.

But no, The boy, the mole, the fox and the horse is for adults but could be enjoyed by kids as well.  It is a quirky, gently humorous but very wise book.


The text is like a handwritten illustrated letter.  I've chosen a page so you can get the general idea.  But in difficult times like the current, I suggest you get your hands on this book and keep dipping into it to keep your spirits up.

I'm not sure it would work on Kindle – but maybe??

I'm very grateful to have had this book on the second day of our nationwide lockdown.  Chicken soup for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers