Sunday 9 February 2020

Chicken Drumsticks Apricot Braise


Carole's Chatter: Chicken Drumsticks Apricot Braise


Inspired by Sweet Love & Ginger I tried to replicate her Grilled Chicken with Spicy Apricot Sauce.  Of course, I didn't follow her method exactly.  Instead of grilling I put it in the oven and the sauce turned into a glaze.  I also had to substitute for paprika and cayenne pepper.  The result was sweetly spicy.

Ingredients:

Chicken drumsticks
Apricot Jam
Worcestershire sauce
Soy sauce
Dijon mustard
Garlic infused oil
Garam masala
Dried chilli
Grated ginger
Lemon juice
Tomato paste
Pepper

Method:

I mixed all the ingredients together and then put them into a foil lined tray with the chicken.  I'll leave you to figure out the proportions – it depends how sweet you like it.  I used about a third of a jar of apricot jam – and the result wasn't too sweet – but was on the edge for me.

I left this lot marinating in the fridge for a couple of hours

Carole's Chatter: Chicken Drumsticks Apricot Braise
I then put it into a low oven about 2 hours before dinner.

With 20 minutes left, I turned the drumsticks over and cranked the oven heat up.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Apricot Chicken from the 70s and 80s

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty good. Might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same things as Marg. Looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers