Sunday 12 January 2020

Tomatoes on Toast – Simple but Delumptious*


Carole's Chatter: Tomatoes on Toast - delumptious!


Tomatoes on Toast – simple, not many ingredients and so delumptious!

Ingredients:

Toasted bread
Ripe tomatoes
Mayo spread – mayo, garlic oil (just a teensy bit), lemon juice
Seasonings – salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and dill

Method:

Bring your tomatoes to room temperature
Slice them to an even thickness – say 1/4in
Make your spread – just mix together
Pick your dill

Now toast your bread – I cut the crusts off but I guess this is optional.

Smear the spread onto the toast and then pop the sliced tomato on top.

Add your seasonings and garnish.  And that's it!

* an extra-usual word from the BFG – means delicious, of course

5 comments:

  1. I make something to this! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to make me some of these!!! YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, it's winter so we don't have ripe tomatoes that would create the taste you must be enjoying.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite, toast! I love toast and generously apply any spreads or toppings.

    In other news, Your Panko mushroom recipe is traveling around the globe! I just made them ( love ‘em) and then a lady in Arkansas made them! Here’s her post.
    https://intrepidarkansawyer.wordpress.com/2020/01/11/5941/comment-page-1/#comment-3543

    I think Jackie in Torontowill make them soon too. Yea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers