Tuesday 21 January 2020

Egg Salad


Carole's Chatter: Egg Salad


This egg salad made a lovely change from my more usual salad offerings. 

I boiled 5 eggs so that they would be just hard.  I have posted before about the way I do this – I am sure others have even better ways but this works for me.  

When they are cool enough to handle, chop the eggs up – I try to get both yolk and white into most pieces.  Add ½ a red chilli (finely diced), a chopped spring onion (scallion), a small amount of chopped Italian parsley, 2 slices of red onion finely diced, some gherkin and capers (chopped). 

The dressing was a mix of lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, mayonnaise and salt and pepper.  I won't try to give any quantities since I think the consistency of a mayo based dressing is a very personal thing.


This salad went down a storm with the better half!

3 comments:

  1. I love a good egg salad and it's been awhile since I made one! Usually around Easter when I have an abundance of boiled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m like the red chili and gerkins, need to try it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it would be a nice change from green salads.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers