Sunday 22 December 2019

The Sparkle Pages by Meg Bignell



Wow!  This is a fantastic book.   

What did I like about it?
  • ·          It was very funny – eye wateringly so
  • ·         The heroine is utterly believable and original
  • ·         The sex is all marital and dealt with appropriately
  • ·         There are some really sad bits
  • ·         I certainly needed my tissues at the end – but not for the reason you     might think
  • ·         It's set in Tasmania, Australia – but the setting doesn't take over – very lightly Australian
What didn't I like? 
  • ·         Nothing
This is a gloriously successful debut.  I just hope Meg Bignell keeps on going.  It is books like these that make me realise that Goodreads ratings are often rubbish.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. Sounds like a book to look for at the library

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers