Sunday 1 December 2019

Leftovers – Invention driven by necessity


Carole's Chatter: Leftovers – Invention driven by necessity - chicken bread

Ok, take leftover chicken tenders and a glut of bread and what do you make?  I have no idea what you call this but it was crunchy and tasty.

Ingredients:

Oil
Salt & Pepper
3 slices of bread
Diced onion (small amount)
1/3 sliced zucchini
3-4 sliced cherry tomatoes
Sliced cooked chicken tenders (breadcrumbed)
Few slices of gherkin
A spicy mayonnaise
1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
Paprika

Method:

Pre-heat your oven

Oil your baking dish.  I like to season the oil with salt and pepper now.

Lay 3 slices of bread on the bottom – crusts cut off.

Sprinkle over the bread the onion, tomato, zucchini and gherkin.
Add the sliced chicken. Season again and drizzle with a little bit of spicy mayo.

Top with slices of mozzarella and sprinkle a bit of paprika on top.

Bake for half an hour or so until you are happy with the state of meltedness of the cheese.

7 comments:

  1. It's always a good thing to be able to use up food in a new and delicious way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love repurposing leftovers! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the queen of leftovers. Wish I could be as inventive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just used that expression yesterday to my husband "necessity if the mother of invention"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job saving those leftovers! It's a must IMO. I hate throwing food away. My mother taught me a lot of tricks in her efforts to feed 7 people on a city worker's salary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! I love clearing leftovers out of the fridge. Very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers