Wednesday 20 November 2019

The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman



I got this one because I really enjoyed The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman – it's on my Top 20 list

This book is funny, modern and relevant.  It doesn't quite make it to Top 20 but I can safely recommend it to everyone – not just book lovers.

The main character Nina is an introvert – happiest when on her own reading.  She is also uber organised and a fountain of trivia.

Life happens and she ends up having to deal with a new family, a crisis at her work (a bookshop) and a possible boyfriend.

The author's voice is clear and out and out funny.

3 comments:

  1. This does sound like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this and found it good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this! I worked in a bookstore myself and, as you know, all I do is read.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers