Sunday 3 November 2019

Prawn Scrambled Eggs


Carole's Chatter: Prawn Scrambled Eggs

This is based on a Cantonese dish and gives a very different flavour profile from the ways I normally do eggs.

Ingredients:

Prawns (thawed and tail shell removed)
5 eggs
Sesame oil
Vegetable oil
Lemon juice
Chilli paste (Chinese)
Soy Sauce + sugar (or use sweet soy)
Garnish - Sesame seeds & parsley

Method:

Make a little sauce first – mix together the soy, sugar, lemon juice, chilli paste, sesame oil – taste to see it isn't too strong (if it is add a dash of water) – mine turned out pretty well balanced.

Whisk your eggs with a tablespoon each of sesame oil and  vegetable oil.  I was nervous about doing this but it was ok.

Heat your pan and add a mix of oils into it – 1 lot of sesame oil to 2 lots of vegetable oil.  Quickly sautee your prawns (watch out there will be splatter).  Put them into some foil to keep warm.

Wipe the pan clean – add more oil and then cook your eggs – if your pan is still too hot they may get a funny texture.  Add back the prawns just before the eggs are done.

Put onto your serving plate.  Drizzle your sauce over it and garnish with sesame seeds and parsley.

This was tasty – and will inspire me to jazz up my scrambled eggs.

6 comments:

  1. Not my usual way either, but would make a great supper dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, but I had to look up prawn. Oh yes, I thought these looked a lot like our wonderful Gulf shrimp. This is a recipe I can definitely use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different from my usual way too, but I bet it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great recipe for breakfast for dinner! I'm sure it was delicious,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! We recently went to a local place for breakfast and my husband ordered a crab omelet. I thought, not sure if I'd like seafood with eggs but the bites I tried were delicious. I'd try your version :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers