Friday 29 November 2019

Books for Kids – The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr



Having enjoyed reading a bunch of kid's books written by Kiwis, I have now branched out to the UK.  The BookTrust has a list of books it has chosen as best for kids aged 0-5.  The Tiger Who Came to Tea is at the top of that list.

The author (and illustrator), Judith Kerr, sadly died earlier this year at the age of 95.  She was a refugee from Nazi Germany and became a British citizen.


The book was published in 1968.  Today, the book would have been written a little less stereotypically but it is still fabulous – in every sense of the word.


It is a pop up book which will delight any child.  And the story is so quirky – the tiger turns up at the door, has tea and then proceeds to eat everything.

2 comments:

  1. my granddoll loves to have tea parties, so I will see if I can find this at our local library as she would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop up books are so great! I love the illustrations. Glad to know you have moved on to picture books from Great Britain. I will try to continue my perusal of the American ones.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers