Monday 21 October 2019

I'm Your Man by Leonard Cohen




If you want a lover
I'll do anything you ask me to
And if you want another kind of love
I'll wear a mask for you
If you want a partner, take my hand, or
If you want to strike me down in anger
Here I stand
I'm your man

If you want a boxer
I will step into the ring for you
And if you want a doctor
I'll examine every inch of you
If you want a driver, climb inside
Or if you want to take me for a ride
You know you can
I'm your man

Written by Leonard Cohen this song was released in 1988.  I really like this song but it wasn't one of his popular ones.

The song was used as the title of Sylvie Simmons' biography of Cohen

You can head over to this YouTube clip to hear an older Leonard Cohen singing the song.

2 comments:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers