Sunday 8 September 2019

Slightly Spicy Eggy Bread with Bacon


Carole's Chatter:  Slightly Spicy Eggy Bread with Bacon

Having a surplus of bread, bacon and eggs, I came up with this as a way to use them.

Ingredients:

2 eggs
2 tsps hot sauce
1 tblsp chopped herbs/scallions
Ground black pepper
Salt
Slightly stale tiger stick bread
Butter
Bacon - streaky

Method:

I cooked the bacon first and kept it warm in the oven.

I mixed the egg, pepper, herbs and hot sauce.

I sliced up the bread.

When the pan was hot again I dipped each slice of bread into the eggy mixture and put it straight into the bacon grease (and some added butter)

Brown on both sides.  Do the eggy bread in batches rather than soaking all the slices at once.

Next time I would add more heat – my hot sauce didn't really come through enough.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how sometimes we crete something really good just based on what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice take on French toast. First I've heard of tiger stick bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! I already made oatmeal for breakfast this morning but I’m definitely going to do some spicy eggy bread soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!!!!! I'd have this for dinner too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers