Monday 30 September 2019

Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits




These mist covered mountains
Are a home now for me
But my home is the lowlands
And always will be

Some day you'll return to
Your valleys and your farms
And you'll no longer burn
To be brothers in arms

Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
I've witnessed your suffering
As the battle raged high

And though they did hurt me so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms


Brothers in Arms was an album and a song that I still adore today. It was released in 1985.

This was Dire Straits 5th studio album – and the most successful.

There are other terrific tracks on this album including – Money for Nothing, Walk of Life and Why Worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers