Friday 13 September 2019

A New Zealand book every kid should read before the age of 12 - A Treasury of NZ Poems for Children (Edited by Paula Green, Illustrated by Jenny Cooper)




The New Zealand Book Council came up with a list of books by New Zealanders that they reckon every kid should have read by the age of 12.  I decided to check out the ones I haven't read and post about the ones I agreed were good (in no particular order).


I certainly agree that this delightful treasury of New Zealand poems for children is rightfully included.  It is beautifully illustrated and includes poems that not only children will enjoy.  I have selected a few pages to show you so you can get the flavour.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers