Sunday 22 September 2019

A Keeper by Graham Norton


A Keeper is written by that Graham Norton.  I admit to a curiosity as to whether he could write – and yes, he can.  It's not high literature but it is a cracking story.

It's a story about Elizabeth, told in the present and in the past via her mother Patricia.  It is not a comedy.  Parts of the story are actually pretty grim.

Most of the story happens in Ireland although there is also some in New York.  I found the ending a bit anti-climatic but perhaps that was the point.

Norton's portrayals of women and stoic men are on the money.  There are 2 gay men in the book, one of whom is shown in a less than positive light.

I can't tell you why the novel's title is A Keeper – I couldn't figure it out.

4 comments:

  1. Huh. Weird that the title doesn't really connect with anything in the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know he had written a book. I like his style and will include this in my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I don't watch TV and don't live in Ireland, I had to look up Graham Norton. I am glad you found his book good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this book quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers