Saturday 24 August 2019

The Rosie Result by Graeme Simsion




I got myself on the library list for this one quick smart.  I enjoyed the 2 previous books –The Rosie Project and The Rosie Effect.

And boy, was this book entertaining! Rosie and Don now have an eleven year old son, Hudson.  And Hudson is quirky too. What is not clear is whether or not Hudson is on the autism spectrum.

So the family's trials and tribulations are very funny. The author has a very light touch on what could be a heavy subject.

And by the end of the book you also find yourself questioning how society treats people on the autism spectrum.  The book is never preachy but packs a punch about how we pigeon hole people so quickly.

Sadly this is the last one in this series…

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I'm not familiar with this series or this writer but I'm definitely going to look them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers