Sunday 11 August 2019

Smoked Salmon Mousse

Carole's Chatter: Smoked Salmon Mousse

I tried to do a bit of a fancy presentation of this Smoked Salmon Mousse.  It was only partially successful – getting the mousse into the little filo cups was very finicky and I ended up wasting quite a lot of mousse in my piping bag.  Next time I'll go a bit more rustic.

Ingredients:

Store bought filo cups
Smoked Salmon (peppered)
Cream
Cream Chees
Crème Fraiche
Lemon zest and juice
Gherkin
Dill
Salt

Method:

Mix the cream, cream cheese and crème fraiche until smooth.  I did it by hand after discovering my stick blender wasn't cutting it.

Add the chopped gherkin (you could use capers), chopped dill and a bit of salt together with the zest of half a lemon and about a teaspoon of lemon juice.  Stir.

Add your salmon – which you have flaked with a fork.  Mix this in leaving the salmon chunky.

Serve in filo cups or little savoury cornets to be fancy.

5 comments:

  1. That’s a great flavor combination— a classic! I never use piping bags exactly because of the waste.

    Best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole,
    They look great! What a fabulous appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look pretty, I haven’t seen filo cups that look like those.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers