Sunday 28 July 2019

Goodbye, Paris by Anstey Harris




I loved everything about this book.  Goodbye, Paris is a real gem.  The source of the title is not made clear until almost the end so I won't spoil it for you.

The main protagonist Grace is a sensitive musician whose life has been damaged by things and people in her life.  This story is how she deals with it, finds new people and finally resolves her issues – that sounds terrible, doesn't it?  But the writing is so authentic that you really care what happens.

I'm sure most people have made mistakes in their lives and with people – and I am certainly no exception. Like so many people I have held some people in much higher regard than they deserved.  Those rose tinted glasses are all too real.  

Ignore the blurb that this is 'JoJo Moyes meets Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine' – those are great but this is an original. It has a different title in the UK. (The Trials and Tribulations of Grace Atherton) 

This is Harris' debut novel. I sure hope she writes more.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I'm adding it to my (very long) TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review. Making a note of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strikes a chord! I will check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers