Tuesday 2 July 2019

Crab Cakes


Carole's Chatter: Crab Cakes

Here are my Crab Cakes.  Apologies to all the master crab cake makers out there.

This is only the second time I have cooked crab so it was all a bit experimental.  The first dish I did was Gingered Crab Rarebit 

Ingredients:

Crab
Dill
Mayonnaise – 1 tablespoon
Capers - chopped
Lemon juice – just a squeeze
Egg – 1 lightly beaten
Breadcrumbs - handful
Cr̬me Fraiche Р1 tablespoon
Fish sauce – just a splash
Salt (not much) & pepper

Method:

Reserve a little of the dill for garnish and then mix up all the ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon.  Try to incorporate all the ingredients without over mixing.

Cover the bowl with cling film and leave it in the fridge for at least an hour. 

Carole's Chatter: Crab Cakes

To form your cakes use dampened hands.  I could tell there was a risk of them falling apart so I put each crab cake into cling film and twirled the ends so each was a tight little package.  Then back into the fridge again.

When you're ready to cook, I just fried them in a mix of oil and butter.  Not all of the cakes held together but the flavour was good.  Don't forget to garnish with your dill – such a pretty herb.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers