Wednesday 3 July 2019

Books You Loved: July Edition



Books You Loved: June
continued to provide reviews of great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few that caught my eye, starting with non-fiction this month:


ALS Saved My Life… Until It Didn't by Dr Jenni Kleinman Berebitsky was reviewed by Angela from A Mama's Corner of the World.  She said 'The author offers tips for self-realization and acceptance along with a story of triumph against the odds from which most all of us could gain positive life insights.   Along with her personal reflections and advice--readers will also read honest, real observations and stories from Jenni's family and caregivers. This novel is one of the best books I have read in a long, long time. '

Anna of Kleve – Queen of Secrets by Alison Weir was brought over by Tracey of Carpe Librum.  She said 'In this historical fiction imagining of her life in the 1500s, Weir has provided an alternate history for Anna of Kleve and I predict it will be a polarising one for fans of Tudor history… we stay with her beyond this turning point in her life all the way through until King Henry's death in 1547 and her own death a decade later in 1557.'

Doing Dewey brought over The Editor by Steven Rowley. Her post said 'I enjoyed this heartwarming story, with fun dialogue and convincing relationships.'

Melissa reviewed The Things You Save In A Fire by Katherine Center.  She said 'The story was excellent the entire way through. I loved the humorous aspects, as well as the sentimental parts.'

Now on to the July edition.  There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box. Mr Linky now also makes you tick a box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  It also has links from previous July's…

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for July's edition.

    Can you believe it is July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention, I hope more readers discover this historical fiction series by Alison Weir :-) I'm bringing two books over this month as I gave them both 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun monthly gathering! Thanks for your warm welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tx 4 the email. enjoy the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for once again hosting this bookfest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time linking. I'm excited to look at all of the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful!!

      Welcome....this is a great post each month!!

      ENJOY looking.

      Delete
  7. Posted. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As promised this month I have an abundance of great reading to share with you: First the engaging, turn-of-the-century classic Howards End by E. M. Forster, the gripping historical fiction By Sword and Storm by Margaret Skea and the wonderful biography Jane Austen at Home by Lucy Worsley. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had five 5-star reads in June. I couldn't decide which one(s) to feature, so I gave you links to all! Cheers and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry No Exit got on twice (Gerard and I both read and liked it). I got error the first time I tried so did it again. These linky things are sometimes goofy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carole, I've linked to 4 books I've rad recently. The combination of a long weekend, wet weather & a flu bug opened up some opportunities for a bit of reading :) Colour Scheme was written by the golden age Kiwi author, Ngaio Marsh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have several books to share and will add them as soon as I get the reviews written-:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing my review from last month! No worries about posting late - I love that your email always lets me know when the link-up is posted so any date is equally good :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. "The Pianist from Syria" was one of my favourite books in the last couple of months. A Palestinian refugee who lives through the war in Syria and ends up in Germany. Wonderfully written. Tells us a lot about the horrors of a war but also gives us hope.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers