Friday 12 July 2019

A New Zealand book every kid should read before the age of 12 - The Cheese Trap by Joy Cowley




The New Zealand Book Council came up with a list of books by New Zealanders that they reckon every kid should have read by the age of 12.  I decided to check out the ones I haven't read and post about the ones I agreed were good (in no particular order).





The Cheese Trap is an illustrated book meant for younger children.  There are 2 meeces who are after cheese – standing in their way is a gnarly old meow…  Lots of fun and funny illustrations.

3 comments:

  1. I would love this book!!! Wonder if I can find it in our library? I will look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful. What a shame I don't have any kids under twelve any more but I might buy it for myself. ;)

    I would also love some recommendations of New Zealand authors for adults. As a teenager, I fell in love with Mary Scott's novels and re-read them at least half a dozen times since but I'd love some others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making a note of this one. My grand daughter is not a book fan. Am trying to get her into the reading habit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers