Sunday 30 June 2019

Oregano Lemon Chicken


Carole's Chatter: Oregano Lemon Chicken


Thanks to Tina of Squirrel Head Manor, I got to make a version of her Oregano Lemon Chicken.  It was easy to do and the result was delicately flavourful.

Ingredients:

Chicken thighs – mine were boneless & skinless
3 tablespoons Lemon Juice + zest of half lemon
2 tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon of garlic infused oil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
Small amount of diced onion
Salt & pepper

Method:

Mix the marinade ingredients together in a jar.  Pour over the chicken in your cooking dish.  Turn the chicken over a couple of times to coat with the marinade.  Leave to sit for at least 1 hour.   (If it is hot where you are put it in the fridge)

Bake in a moderate oven basting occasionally.  It shouldn't take more than about 35 minutes.  Take it out when the juices run clear – cover with foil and  let it sit for 15-20 minutes.  I find chicken tastes better when it has cooled a bit.

4 comments:

  1. I thought that recipe looked great ... and I still do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good lemon oregano chicken recipe, I'm pinning yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like it!

    I've been absent as I had eye surgery. Taking it easy now and hope to be back to posting soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers