Monday 17 June 2019

Hotel California by The Eagles




On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night.

There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
'This could be heaven or this could be Hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face.
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (any time of year) you can find it here

For me, Hotel California is a tune that never gets old.  True, it dates back to 1977 but it sure is a goodie.

It was the title track for the album of the same name. Don Henley is the lead singer.  It got a Grammy for the Record of the Year in 1978.

When preparing the post I looked up the song on Wikipedia and was blown away by the amount of analysis of what the lyrics mean.  Who cares?  It's just a great tune.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I will have it in my ear for the rest of the week. And I love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers