Friday 28 June 2019

A New Zealand book every kid should read before the age of 12 - The Little Yellow Digger




The New Zealand Book Council came up with a list of books by New Zealanders that they reckon every kid should have read by the age of 12.  I decided to check out the ones I haven't read and post about the ones I agreed were good (in no particular order).

The first one I have chosen is The Little Yellow Digger by Betty and Alan Gilderdale.  This was number 16 on the list.


This is a fun book to read aloud. And the illustrations are good too. The little yellow digger gets stuck and they have to bring out a bigger digger to get it out.  The genesis of the story was in a real event.  One of the authors' grandchildren told them about a digger getting stuck next to their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers