Sunday 5 May 2019

Salmon and Bacon Salad with Egg Horseradish Sauce


Carole's Chatter: Salmon and Bacon Salad with Egg Horseradish Sauce


I only decided to post about this one when I had finished making this salad.  So the presentation is a bit ordinary but the taste was good.

Ingredients:
For the salad:
Smoked salmon – a peppered piece
6-8 rashers of bacon
Radishes
Cherry Tomatoes (heirloom)
Small avocado
Cucumber
Dill
Salt and Pepper
Lemon juice

For the sauce:
1 lightly hard-boiled egg
Gherkin
Horseradish – grated
Salt and Pepper
Bacon fat
Cream
Lemon juice

Method:

Fry off the bacon.  When done cut it up into bite sized pieces.

Cut up the radishes, cherry tomatoes and cucumber and put them onto your salad plate.

Cut your avocado in half and take the stone out with a spoon – I try not to use a knife for this ever since I heard about the very large number of injuries caused!  A spoon works just find – I use a tablespoon measuring spoon.  I then cut the avocado into quarters leaving the skin on.  It exposes less flesh to the air and so you don't need to add as much lemon juice to stop it browning.  And when you eat the salad it is quite easy just to cut the flesh off the skin with your knife and then eat it.

Roughly chop your dill and scatter it on.

I then made the sauce (so that I could use the same knife for cutting the bacon and salmon later).  The sauce was mashed up egg, horseradish sauce, lemon juice, chopped gherkin, salt and pepper and lastly a little splash of cream to loosen it up.

Then onto cutting up the bacon – and then added the bacon fat from the pan into the sauce.

Finally flaking the smoked salmon.  Season the salad to your liking.

Next time I would be confident enough to drizzle the sauce over the salad but I just wasn't sure enough that it would work.  It did.

5 comments:

  1. A nice combination of ingredients with a good spicy sauce. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the ingredients here --and great for year-round eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious! Perfect for an outdoor meal too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good salad, it has me wanting a plate now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks perfect for a summer’s night. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers